Tuesday 3 August 2010

About Us: #1

I thought you might like to know a little bit about Southwark's two Papal Visit Communications Officers, so I'll go first: I'm James, and I'm 18. I'm starting at Oxford in October, and finished school earlier this year. I've always been interested in the media and am really excited at this opportunity to serve the church and help it improve its often disastrous media profile. I'm also really looking forward to meeting Southwark pilgrims and helping them get the most out of the Papal Visit.

Despite so much negative publicity and organisational difficulties, the papal visit is going ahead and that means Britain's Catholics are going to hear from our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, which is far more important than anything else, in the end. I'm looking forward to that most of all!

God bless you all
James

No comments:

Post a Comment