Friday 27 August 2010

New from the Visit Co ordinator

Msgr Summersgill has another weekly update out. Very interesting. He says that everyone should be receiving their missals for the Visit over the next few days, which is very exciting.

I have been finalising my own plans for the period of the Visit: Dani & I will be at the youth event in the Piazza of Westminster Cathedral, then looking after the young people of our Archdiocese on their journey to Hyde Park. I imagine their will be quite a lot of media interest that day, which could be quite stressful but should be very interesting. Also, I am now anticipating getting about 3 hours sleep, probably on the floor at Holy Ghost, Balham, on the Saturday night of the visit - but we can all sleep once the Pope heads back to Rome.

Hope all's well with you, readers.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a story from someone who attended the last papal Visit in the UK:

    I rented a telephoto lens for my camera, so that I would be able to get a good photograph of the Pope, because in those days cameras weren't digital and they weren't as flash as they are today.
    We searched for a long time to find a good spot from which we'd see the pope and eventually found a balcony that overlooked the front of Westminster cathedral.
    I took two photos from the balcony, but sadly both turned out to be blurry, it was still worth all the trouble!
    I look forward to getting a much better photograph this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hopefully Bernadeta the technology will allow the whole visit to be much more impressively documented. In Southwark, we will hopefully have some video diaries, particularly of the young people taking part in the Saturday events. They should make a nice video archive for future generations!

    ReplyDelete